Lisbon has long been one of my favourite short stay travel destinations. Facilitated by a modern international airport with regular routes from most European cities, Lisbon has everything you are looking for in a corporate business trip, from conferences – product launches – incentives you name it.
It oozes culture and vibrant energy!
Secondly, and one of the most notable things about this fabulous destination, is its colourful cobbled streets lined with mosaic-tiled backstreets that guide your business team throughout the city, it oozes culture and vibrant energy! Getting around doesn’t have to be all on foot, as we often opt for city bike tours for our business trips wanting to really explore their chosen destination, but here you also have the tram service, in operation since 1873 which helps navigate the hilly landscape, although for those wanted to stretch the legs after a meeting or two walking is fine, alternatively electric scooters have become a trend and are rentable all over the city for a small fee.
Here are my top five must-dos when visiting Lisbon.
- Taste a Pastel de Nata, first cooked up by monks in the early 19th century, these sweet and creamy custard tarts are a beloved national favourite! Pastéis de Belém my recommended bakery of choice, in fact it is the birth place of the Nata!
- Time-out market – 24 restaurants, 8 bars, a dozen shops, a cooking school and a high-end music venue, all showcasing best in Lisbon (the best chefs, the best steak, the best hamburger, the best sushi and the best live performances, amongst others); on the other hand the market is home to some of the city’s best known vendors of meat, fish, fruit and flowers.
- Day trip to Sintra: Sintra is a town and municipality in the Greater Lisbon region of Portugal, located on the Portuguese Riviera. Sintra is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most popular attractions in Portugal is like visiting a theme park for architecture lovers. From the rainbow towers of Pena Palace to the Gothic mansion of Quinta da Regaleira, your Instagram will need no filter!
- Ibo – (name inspired from the island off the Quirimbas archipelago in the North coast of Mozambique) This restaurant is inspired by Portuguese gastronomy combined with Mozambican flavours. This is one of my ultimate favourites and like no other.
- If you are looking for a taste of life after dinner; Lisbon’s most flamboyant residents head to the energic bars of Bairro Alto, the whole district screams fun and continues way into the night.
With its top level infrastructure, outstanding selection of Meeting, conference exhibition and event spaces, and all easy to access, Lisbon has long been a favourite destination for MICE Event Organisers and we look forward to creating your next bespoke MICE travel proposal.
Want to hear more about business travel to Lisbon? Contact us on +44 (0) 208 0048675 today 😊